Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One week!

I cant believe that Brendon is already a week old! He is such an amazing little kid. He hardly ever cries, and when he does its only cause he is hungry or needs a diaper change. Other then that he is totally fine just laying down on the bed or floor and in his bouncer. But at the same time he LOVES to cuddle, esp. with his daddy. He now weighs 7lbs and 10oz. He holds up his head really well! He can hold up pretty high and for about 45 seconds! He is still having a hard time with day and night, but that just comes with time. He is currently drinking formula and seems to be taking it great! (ALOT less spit up :))

3 days after we left the hospital Brendon started to get jaundice. Two days later the doctor wanted to test him again. It went up even more. She wanted us to take another test the next day to see if it was going to go down yet. It went up by .1. Its not horrible but not good. It needs to head the other direction. We went in today to do his 5th heel prick for the jaundice test. Thankfully it is starting to go down and he no longer needs to do another test for it!

Mike and I are still trying to adjust to the sleeping schedule. And it is starting to get a little more difficult as Mike is starting to go back to work. He will return full time next week, for this week his is only working 4 days. But thankfully I have my parents at home to where they dont mind watching him while I take a nap (I get pretty mean if I dont get my sleep). Even though Mike is starting to get back to work, he helps out as much as he can with Brendon in the middle of the night. He lets me get some sleep which I think is super sweet of him. Cause he has to wake up early in the morning to work most of the day, and his work is hard labor for sure.

I have big hopes and dreams for my little man. I hope that his life will be 20x better then Mike and I's will ever be. That he will succeed and be happy.

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE! Good thing he didnt have to do the billi lights. I hated that because Ky had to stay in one place for a few days. :(

    ReplyDelete